Friday, May 15, 2009

Exciting News

I am quite happy to let you all know (all 5 of you that read my blog) that I have accepted a position as Assistant Director of Campus Ministry at St. Peter's Prep Jesuit High School in Jersey City, NJ. Essentially, my role will be as the coordinator of the Christian service program - this includes acting as a liasion for the students with the different agencies, education about justice issues pre-service, reflection after, leading immersion trips to Ecuador and Michigan, etc. This job is perfect for me and I'm really excited about it. Throughout the whole interview process I was very impressed by the community at St. Peter's and the school's commitment to Ignatian ideals. I can't wait to continue working in the "Jesuit world."

Also, obviously, I'll be moving back to New Jersey, that great state of fist pumps, diners, and the shore. (All some of my favorite things.) Get excited.

10 comments:

Bethy said...

I'M really excited about it, even if no one else is! :)

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

What does a St. Peter's guy have in common with a Regis guy? They both got into St. Peter's. OOOOOH SNAP.

Also, "I can't wait to continue working...?" Maybe that strange phrasing/logic is acceptable in Alaska, but don't bring that nonsense to the Lower 48, thankyouverymuch.

Trish said...

Congratulations Maura!!! so you'll be working with Kilroy?!?!?! what a lucky school to have the two of you! love ya lady :)

Anonymous said...

the east coast looks forward to your return

Unknown said...

We are all very proud of you and looking forward to having you closer than 3000 miles away . all our love

Dad

Candice Yannuzzi said...

Guess who goes to Jersey City at least 3 times a month for work?:):):)

Candice Yannuzzi said...

OH and CONGRATS!!!

Liz said...

I know that I am late but...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! YAY MAURA!! I am so excited for you as well as crazy proud!!! WHOOO HOOO I fisting pumping for you in my Dorm room!

Anthony Castro, Conor Wiggins, and Angel Perez said...

Congratulations Ms. Toomb! We're all in Spanish class right now on Ms. Gomez's laptop!